Cleaning workplace surfaces is the first step the CDC recommends for the prevention of bio contaminants in a facility.
The CDC guidelines state that “Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.” Enhanced Cleaning is a prerequisite for the second step in ensuring facility health – disinfecting. “Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs remaining on surfaces after cleaning, it can further reduce the risk of spreading infection.”
DFS Green provides two layers of preventative enhanced facility cleaning:
- Self-performed periodic Enhanced Cleaning and maintenance of hard surfaces, carpet, and upholstery by trained and certified DFS Technicians.
- We embed Disinfecting Porters from our AIPE team (Accredited Infection Prevention Experts) in a client workplace to identify and remediate harmful levels of bio organisms on internal surfaces in order to maintain safe work environment throughout business hours.
Carpet and Upholstery:
Textiles (carpet and furniture) act as a facility’s largest air filter collecting bio-contaminants, bacteria, soils, dust, and particulate. Unless this bacterial load is flushed from the textiles prior to disinfection, the carpet will be left containing embedded bio-matter which will provide fertile ground for recontamination and growth. The CDC recommends cleaning of carpet and upholstery prior to or concurrent with disinfection.
DFS has decades of experience in cleaning, polishing, honing, sealing, stripping, and applying coatings to any facility hard surface type including concrete, granite, terrazzo, limestone, marble, porcelain, flagstone, ceramic, wood, laminates, VCT, rubber, cork, epoxy, slate, tile facings, and grout lines. Our coatings contain antimicrobial agents that inhibit the absorption and growth of microorganisms on the underlying surface.
We apply our disinfectant chemistry through a variety of systems, featuring electrostatic sprayers, ULV foggers, and manual application.
Our V-Guard™ chemistry will eliminate 99.999% of all viruses and bacteria from workplaces, and offers the following features:
- EPA registered disinfectant (List N)
- Hospital-grade safety rating
- Eco-friendly application (requires no PPE with usage)
- Safety rating of 0-0-0 (safe to apply even in food-prep areas NSF)
- Does not alter the appearance, breathability, or performance of textiles (neutral PH)
- Non-Corrosive (no harm to workplace electronics)
- No-touch application (eliminates a source of cross-contamination)